- Kuhusu Sisi
- Fursa za Uwekezaji
- Huduma Zetu
- Kituo cha Habari
1.0 GENERAL OVERVIEW:
Election Management and Coordination Unit was purposely established in Local Government Authorities in order to co-ordinate the National Election as well as Local Government Elections within the council .The election procedures trace legitimacy from Articles 74 and 76 of the Constitution of the United Republic of Tanzania of 1977. The laws governing elections in Tanzania are the National Elections Act, Cap 343 and the Local Authorities (Elections) Act, Cap 292
According to Article 21of the Constitution of the United Republic of Tanzania states that every Citizen has the right to take part in the matter concerning to the governance of the country either by electing or being elected. Every Tanzanian aged 18 years and above, has the right to vote and elect leaders of their choice.
In order to fulfill this Article 21, The Elections Management unit is therefore responsible for supervising and coordinating all activities related to election in the Council under the Guidance of Municipal Director.
The Main functions of the Unit are:
2.0 FUNCTIONS OF THE ELECTION MANAGEMENT UNIT
1. To supervise and co- ordinate the registration of Voters for the National and Local government Elections
2. To conduct and supervise Elections of all levels(Presidential, Parliamentary, Councilors and Lower local leaders)
3. To review the boundaries of Ward and Mitaa before the Election
4. To provide Voters Education in collaboration with the Nation Election Commission
5. To prepare Election Reports